Instagram Vs Tiktok: Which Is Best Suited For Business and Selling Products
When considering which platform is best suited for promoting your product or business, Tiktok and Instagram are two social media platforms effective for this purpose. However, the strategy that works for one will be an epic fail for the other. Your audience determines which strategy should be used to promote a product as proven by stats which shows that:
• Both Tiktok and Instagram have a massive audience you can tap into. An audience that can see and engage with your content every single day. Although Instagram has a massive audience, Tiktok has a higher audience than Instagram. One that is increasing daily as more and more users download the app.
• The time spent on both apps differ as people spend more time on Tiktok than they do on Instagram. The difference in the time spent on these individual apps is as a result of the content. While one comprises of content that is basically for whiling away time, the other uses its content in a formal straight-to-the-point format.
• A large number of marketers use Instagram to promote or market their products. This the competition quite high there. On the other hand, Tiktok is still a fresh ground offering less competition and more opportunities. This ia because only a tiny percent of marketers are using it to promote their products.
• Instagram has its audience-focused mainly on the millennials(those in their mid-twenties) whereas Tiktok has a much younger audience(mainly teenagers). The content is determined by your audience.
Which is Best Suited For Business and Selling Products. Instagram or Tiktok?
Tiktok has a larger and younger audience who are on the app to catch fun, and engage with entertaining content. The app is famous for its numerous hashtags challenges tutorials and viral content. These hashtag challenges keep its users preoccupied with the app and its content. But quite informative is the fact that users will turn off distractions including their favorite soap operas to engage on the app at all hours of the day.
To tap into fresh opportunities that are yet to be discovered by quite a number of marketers, here is how to do it:
Your content is the first thing that should be put into consideration as content strategy differs on both apps. When choosing which content is best suited for promotional videos, consider creating a hashtag movement, users will be excited to be part of. Something fun, engaging, and trendy enough to go viral.
It Should do all these and more while marketing your brand all at once as content is everything. So when creating contents on Tiktok for branding or promoting a product, put these key ingredients into consideration:
- Create Hashtag Movements users will be excited about.
- Genuine content that is fun and engaging, users should engage with it first.
- Marketable trend that can go viral.
Instagram unlike Tiktok uses more of the direct marketing strategy type of content. Your content reaches your audience, only the people already following you and interacting with your brand. When using Instagram to market your brand or products, you have to first focus on building your audience.
How To Grow Followers On Both Platforms
You can grow your followers by posting content of high quality. Follow the 80-20 rule of value first before business, you can also opt to promote your content with Ads Manager. As more people follow you, the quality of your content should too. It could be written content, video, or a live video. Your audience needs to relate to your content, it should be personal. When posting promotional content, you can post on your story or use a shop sticker which when clicked will lead your audience to your product page. Just remember to eliminate unnecessary steps that will discourage people from making a purchasing decision.
Both platforms have their unique way of promoting a product, business, or brand, all you need to do is find that unique strategy that works for you and stick with it. You can choose to maximize both platforms to suit each market.