Article Writing and Content Creation – Latest hacks
What Content Creation Entails
Great content has and would always be the key to keeping readers interested in your blog, website or social handles. Content in this write up simply refers to the compilation of a group of words or sentences to pass a central message across to readers; this is represented mainly in the form of writing then visuals. These contents could also be designed to promote or enhance specific products or services.
Below are three (3) major points to consider when curating your content.
1. Know/Understand and Identify Content for Your Audience
Your audience is basically a group of readers who are expected to interact with the contents within your webspace. Knowing the audience for particular content is important because it determines how your audience/potential customers interact with these content and are one of the main important steps to take (if not the most) before you start writing.
You would want to consider identifying your audience before curating any content as it would give a higher hand and relative impact if the audience/readers are met at the point f their needs. Your content is meant to vary depending on the intended audience.
Points to Consider
- Have a clear understanding of your target audience. This is where you consider what you know about your buyers’ persona and their interests.
- Look to the Internet. Put your self in their shoes and research keywords and phrases that your audience would type in if they were looking for your products or services. use tools like Google trend and Keyword planner
- Think about the true intent of your audience when generating keywords
- Choose a great topic this should encapsulate your main blog post. i.e the content should not differ from the content.
see: ’10 effective tips to engage with your audience through writing’ in our next post, subscribe to get a notification
2. Maintain Focus
Content writing entails a lot and maintaining focus has proven to be a weak point in writing. You come across contents that constantly drift from the main focus and end up not communicating the main idea or purpose of creation.
During writing, it is most helpful to position yourself as a reader and interact with the content even before publicizing. Be sure to maintain focus on each point you make in a paragraph, one technique that is proven to be effective in writing is to begin a fresh paragraph for each new idea that is introduced.
Points to Consider
- Each post should be centered to one (1) topic
- Organize your content so readers do not get intimidated by lengthy and unfocused content.
- A proper outline of your main point would go a long way. i.e bullet points before elaborating
- Identify what your readers tend to take away after reading (Impact on readers)
This is the final stage of the editing process in writing; it involves focusing on surface errors such as misspellings and mistakes in grammar, punctuation, etc. This process should be carried out only after writing and all other revisions.
A proactive editor (see: Grammarly editor) can be used, making changes and suggestions that will improve the overall quality of your writing.
Points to Consider
- Proofread content (read through lines) to ensure correct spellings and grammar
- You could use editors or a grammar checker online i.e Grammarly as mentioned above. Also, WordPress possesses an automatic proofread writing feature for WordPress users.
Lastly, you should also use a visually appealing and relevant image for your post, this helps to get the attention of your readers and is another medium for better communication.
NOTE: No one likes an ugly blog post or write up. And it’s not just pictures that make a post visually appealing — it’s the formatting, organization of the post and reasonable content too.
Maintaining this consistency makes your content (and your brand) look more professional, and makes it easier on the eyes.
Remember to subscribe to this site to get notification of our next post ’10 effective tips to engage with your audience through writing’.